"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Sunday, February 8, 2009

I recently placed...

a few orders with Amazon. In my account, I can look at previously placed orders. I looked to see what I had ordered, in 2005. I purchased this book, priced at $14.79 then. When I order books, I always look first at the used-like new ones. Sometimes I can find books less expensive, that way. I can't remember if this book was purchased new or used.


Shipping estimate:January 2, 2006 Delivery estimate:January 6, 2006 - January 20, 2006
StatesShipping Speed: Standard Shipping
Items Ordered 1 of: Grandma's Wartime Kitchen : World War II and the Way We Cooked [Hardcover] by: Joanne Lamb Hayes (Foreword), Jean Anderson (Foreword)Sold by: ab-cd-book (seller profile)
$14.79

This book is now going for $49.97 and up, for used and $99.95 for new. Could the state of the economy and the subject of this book; be the ties that bind this enormous price increase?

(Edited to say, the $49.97 copy has been sold and the cheapest one is now $76.39. Did I get a good deal or what. Not to mention, one terrific book.)

1 comment:

Mia said...

How fun! I love good deals like this :)
I'm always on the lookout for vintage books--looks like you found a true treasure!


Mia